1. This photo of two very familiar looking towers which we spied from the train on our way to the launch
2. This picture of the horticulturally appropriate display in the window of the Peckham Review
3. And this one of all the sparkling new copies of Boy in the Tower
4. This photo of the author herself, Polly Ho-Yen, next to some very suspicious, Blucher blue flowers…
5. This one of Polly chatting with fans and supporters
6. And this one of the book signing getting on the way
7. Here Darley’s Angels Emma Winter, Clare Wallace and Mary Darby pose in front of the display
8. And the display starts to rapidly diminish…
9. …as the line for signed books grows
10. You mustn’t miss this picture of a plastic pigeon sitting on a cake
11. Or this one of our own Vicki Le Feuvre pretending to feed a plastic pigeon sitting on a cake.
If you want to understand the prevalence of pigeons at the launch you best read Polly’s fantastic novel.
12. This photo of everyone gathering inside the Peckham Review to hear Polly read an extract from Boy in the Tower.
Notice that the crowds have demolished the display of books even faster than a Blucher could take down a building.
13. This one of Polly Ho-Yen reading an extract from Boy in the Tower
14. And this one of Polly reading a particularly funny extract from Boy in the Tower
15. You can’t go without seeing Clare and Mary laughing with Polly Ho-Yen as she signs Mary’s copy of Boy in the Tower either
16. And finally, you need a proper close-up look at the amazing hardback edition of Polly Ho-Yen’s Boy in the Tower with cover art by her own husband, Dan
BOY IN THE TOWER is on sale now at all good bookshops. Get your copy today and get reading to find our what all the plant, pigeon and Blucher references were about in this post.