Today marks the publication of The Killing Grounds by Jack Ford, the first novel in an exciting new international thriller series. So, what do you need to know?
- The series introduces ex- US Navy-turned-investigator Thomas J Cooper – a complicated but brilliant hero who, after a terrifying encounter with Somali pirates, is left devastated, damaged and using painkillers to dull memories of the past.
- Tiring of every thriller being set in a cosmopolitan and familiar city? The Killing Grounds follows Cooper’s high-risk investigatory work which takes him on a dangerous journey across the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya and USA.
- This is a true summer blockbuster. With its propulsive energy and compelling intrigue, The Killing Grounds has all the ingredients of the greatest popcorn thrillers.
- For fans of Robert Ludlum’s Bourne series, Clive Cussler and Bernard Cornwell. What sets it apart is the characters; their complexities and relationships are at the core but the rip-roaring plot never slows. Truly unique.
- The author really knows their stuff. Having studied global political Islam and American politics, Jack went on to take a Master of Science degree in Counter-Terrorism and will further those studies next year by tackling a PhD focusing on radicalisation and extremism.
- Don’t just take our word for it, here’s a snippet of a review from a notable blogger:
‘Where to even begin. The Killing Grounds is a thrilling read… has relationships, politics – both US and international – violence, grief, addiction, religion and superstition and so much more at its heart, all with an incredible amount of research and detail.’